Highlights of our four day camping adventure on Urupukapuka Island:
- Seeing dolphins, orcas, sting rays in Urupukapuka Bay. Kai now asks what’s in the water before he goes in. Fair enough, I guess.
- Eating a crazy seafood banquet thanks to Rachel and Shonty’s friends. It included red snapper, kingfish, crayfish (that big lobster-like thing that Kai is holding), paua (abalone), mussels, scallops. Seriously.
- Santa visiting our tent, and the crazy Christmas unwrap chaos.
- Kai discovering kayaking with his cousins
- Kai, Austie, Vinnie sliding down the grass hill by our tent on boogie boards, an air mattress and plastic row boat
- Our Christmas present from Rachel and Shonty: they dropped Andreas and me off at one end of the island so we could hike back to our bay. That one hike has convinced Andreas that we need to come back to New Zealand for more!
- Vinnie walking around with one sock on. Everywhere. As his big toe nail hangs on precariously, even the shoeless wonder had to agree that socks might not be a bad idea. Well, one sock at least.
There are some additional photos in this set from Matuari Bay (Part 2) and Long Beach in Russell (the sand fight…)